Ms Nidhi Shah
Ms Aarti Nandu
What People Say About DocVita
Here are a few of the many positive reviews our clients give about their transformative experiences with DocVita therapists.
Confidential & Private Online Sessions via Trusted Platforms
At DocVita, we offer confidential sessions over Google Meet or Zoom. Your therapy sessions are never recorded, and whatever information you exchange with your therapist remains between you and them, ensuring a private and supportive therapeutic journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a therapist?
A therapist is a licensed mental health professional who can help clients cope with various life challenges that induce stress and other mental illnesses. Therapists can also help others develop coping techniques to deal with stress and anxiety. Working with a professional can develop your cognitive and emotional skills, too.
Consulting the right therapist can be a life-altering experience. They can provide empathetic support while clients develop coping skills, manage symptoms, process past experiences, and work on personal growth to lead improved lives.
How can I find a therapist in Ahmedabad?
To find a therapist in Ahmedabad:
- Browse through the list of therapists in Ahmedabad at DocVita and choose the one that aligns with your schedule, availability, and budget.
- Use our tool to get matched to a therapist. Simply answer a few simple questions. Based on your answers, our algorithm will match you to a therapist who suits your needs.
- Connect with a dedicated DocVita Care Manager over chat. They can help you choose a therapist that fits your needs.
Does online therapy work?
Various studies claim that online therapy is as effective as face-to-face therapy. Additionally, it offers you the flexibility and convenience to get support from the comfort of your home. It also cuts the cost of traveling and increases your options for finding the right therapist, removing all geographical barriers.
At DocVita, we incorporate reminders to help clients be aware of their upcoming appointments. This helps ensure progress and consistency in therapy.
Are my sessions at DocVita confidential?
Yes, all sessions at DocVita are 100% confidential. The sessions take place over trusted and secure platforms like Google Meet or Zoom. In either case, nothing is recorded. We ensure that any details you share with your therapist remain between you and them only.
How can I book an appointment with a therapist in Ahmedabad?
To book an appointment with a therapist in Ahmedabad:
- Find a therapist by browsing through our directory, use our match-making tool, or get in touch with a dedicated DocVita Care Manager.
- Select the type of consultation you want to opt for - individual, couples, or family.
- Select your preferred date and time slot.
- Complete the payment.
Once you have made the payment, your appointment will be confirmed instantly. If there is anything you need help with, please get in touch with a dedicated DocVita Care Manager, and it shall be our pleasure to provide support for your therapy journey.
What is the time duration of a therapy session?
A single therapy session may last anywhere between 45 to 60 minutes. However, this may vary, considering rigid time constraints cannot confine a good therapy session.
How much does a therapist cost in Ahmedabad?
At DocVita, therapy sessions start from ₹1500 or US$20. Some factors may determine the cost of a therapy session in Ahmedabad. These include the frequency and length of the session, the therapist's expertise and qualification, the type of therapy, etc.
It's crucial to remember that dedicating resources to your mental health and well-being through therapy is a worthwhile pursuit. Choosing the right therapist can enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of your treatment, ultimately saving time and costs in the long run.
Are all therapists working at DocVita verified professionals?
All verified professionals at DocVita get a green check mark on their profile. The mark signifies that they have been proven to meet our standards and can provide high-quality therapy services.
How can I find a Gujarati-speaking therapist in Ahmedabad?
To view therapists who speak Gujarati in Ahmedabad, select the language filter at the top of this page and get the help you need in your preferred language.
At DocVita, our therapists collectively speak 17 different languages, so the chances of you finding a therapist who speaks Gujarati are very good. Someone who speaks the same language can help you ease and get comfortable relatively quickly. It opens the space for free expression of your emotions and builds trust to make your therapy journey more effective.
Seeking Therapy in Ahmedabad
Any rapidly urbanizing city presents itself with a set of new challenges. Ahmedabad is one of those cities that has emerged as an economic and industrial hub for a developing India. Such advancements can be hard to adjust to and may lead to many mental health concerns like academic pressure, work-related stress, and family dynamics. Amidst this, focusing on your mental well-being is an absolute necessity.
In the last few years, there has been added emphasis on mental healthcare by the people of the city. There is more awareness and better support for people seeking professional help. Additionally, several NGOs are working in the city to educate citizens about the benefits of therapy and provide resources for them to begin their journey towards mental well-being. So, while the busy schedule of an urban setup can lead to burnout and fatigue, remember that therapy can help you recharge so you can keep going after your goals and, at the same time, have a better quality of life.
How to Decide On the Best Psychologist in Ahmedabad?
You can find an ideal therapist for yourself by considering your preferences and requirements. Additionally, you can invest some time in research and use the following factors to narrow down your search for the best therapist for yourself in Ahmedabad:
- Understand your goals: Different people opt for therapy for different reasons. It is very important for you to know why you need therapy and what you intend to achieve through it. Identify the challenges you want to address and the various areas of mental health they might be affecting. This can help you shortlist a therapist who specializes in your specific concerns.
- Check Qualification and expertise: To find the ideal therapist, you can ensure that they are registered with a professional body, like the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP) or the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). You can also look for relevant educational qualifications like a Master's or M.Phil. degree in Psychology.
- Select the Language: DocVita has a wide network of professionals who can speak as many as 17 languages. You can select the therapist that speaks your language of choice for better communication and comfort.
- Understand the different approaches: There are various therapeutic modalities. Research them and opt for a therapist who practices an approach that resonates with you.
- Prioritize your convenience: Therapy can only have a positive impact if you are comfortable and open. It is essential for you to choose a therapist that gives you that sense of trust and openness.
- Assess Location, Accessibility, and Cost: Therapy is a continuous process, and it will need multiple sessions more often than not. So, it's important to take cost, accessibility, and location into consideration. However, online therapy does allow you to overlook location to a great extent, making your therapeutic journey more hassle-free.
- Seek therapists offering Introductory Calls: A brief call that clearly sets the foundation and expectations can be helpful. It can ensure you find a therapist best suited to your concerns. At DocVita, we offer a 15-minute introductory call to give you a better understanding of your future sessions.
It's crucial to acknowledge that finding the right therapist may require some time, and it's entirely acceptable to switch to a different therapist if you find that your current one isn't meeting your expectations. The goal is to locate a therapist who can provide the support necessary for you to reach your goals.